Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wednesday 22

1- Days off of work. There is nothing better than a little extra time with my bug.

2- Extra long naps. Kaiah slept for a whopping 3 hours this afternoon! I never check on her during her naps because she wakes up really easily, but I checked on her several times because I just couldn’t believe that she was still asleep! But sure enough, she was sleeping soundly . . . which leads me to . . .

3- Kaiah’s adorable sleeping face. I never get to see her asleep because she wakes up when I step one toe into her room, but today I actually got to admire her while she slept. Priceless. Her checks look all fat and hang down ever lower than usual.

4- Our home teacher. We haven’t ever had consistent home teachers until this ward – we have a winner! His companion is never at church, but our home teacher still comes every month by himself, with his wife, or someone else. He is awesome.

5- Cleaning. Our house is always a disaster and I am definitely not a cleaner, but every once in awhile it is nice to take a break from the mentally draining work and just get my hands dirty.

6- That I am typing this without looking at the keys. Embarrassing, but I just never really learned how to type correctly. I used to be really slow and always looked at the keys, but over the past 3-ish years I have really improved! Life saver!

7- Toe nail polish. Amazing how it can make me feel so much better.

8- That someday Kaiah and I will be able to paint our toes together.

9- That you can buy gift cards at the grocery store! We got two more Christmas gifts done today while shopping.

10- That Kamie uses us as her taste testers/garbage disposals! Yes! Kamie and Alex are picky eaters, so they bring all the goodies they don’t want down to us. Tonight it was Kamie’s trail run of her Christmas dessert. Yum!

11- My bread machine. I definitely am not a huge baker, but the bread machine has been used a zillion times. I would be lost making recipes that call for yeast without it.

12- That I use the wrong fingers when typing. It drives Jer nuts and I think it’s funny. I hold my hands correctly, but I use my pointer finger for the space bar instead of my thumb!

13- That Utah is getting slaughtered. I don’t really like Boise State either, but I am happy that the Dirty Utes are losing!

14- That heads fit so well on shoulders. Bahaha. You know, like when you lay your head down on someone’s shoulder and it just fits so well? Yeah.

15-  That Kaiah’s toys have taken the place of presents under our tree. We knew that if we put presents under the tree then disaster would occur, so we just put her toys under the tree instead.

16- Rechargeable batteries. Genius.

17- Allrecipes.com. I use it ALL the time!

18- That I have a heart. I know I said that I wanted Utah to lose, and I do, but I also feel so bad for them. I wish that everyone could feel good about their performance. Poor stupid Utes!

19- Clean sheets.

20- That Jer always helps me make the bed.

21- That Jer doesn’t steal the covers.

22- That I still have another shopping day before Christmas Eve. We are NOT ready yet. Oh dear. Here’s to last minute shopping!

No comments: