Friday, December 10, 2010

Thursday 9

1- Early mornings. I wouldn’t really say that I am a “morning person,” but I love being awake when the world is still asleep. This is especially true when driving to work, when the sun is just coming up over the mountains in Heber. Heber gets a lot of fog, but when the sun shines through it – most peaceful thing ever.

2- Nice cashiers. Being a couponer, I hate it when the cashiers treat me like I am cheating the system or something. The stores get paid for all of the coupons that I use, so I don’t see the deal. Today I had an extremely nice cashier who went out of her way to help me. I love how strangers can have such an impact on my day!

3- No make-up days. I admit, when I don’t have to work, I don’t get ready. I love it.

4-  Students who actually “get” it. We are working on writing reflective paragraphs and usually I read the same junk over and over. But today I had two students who wrote things so real, so true that I wanted to jump up and down and scream!

5- My babies’ laugh. She doesn’t laugh very often, but when she does it is well worth it.

6- That I have been able to breastfeed. I was really nervous about it, but I am still going strong. I must admit, I cannot wait until the day when I don’t have to pump anymore, but right now I am relishing the one-on-one time with my baby girl.

7- Cheerios. Best thing for babies ever. Kaiah could munch on them all day be super dooper happy.

8- Bath time. Kaiah loves her bath time and splashing in the water. It is pretty much the only time when I feel like she is completely entertained and not board!

9- That tomorrow is Friday . . .

1 comment:

Becca Jane said...

I LOVE nursing my babies. I'm so sad that I forced Allie to stop when she was 13 months so I could get pregnant....well, I should have just kept nursing cuz I didn't get pregnant!

I love hearing you write about teaching and your students. I can't wait for Nate to finally have a job...any advice on the hunt??