Sunday, December 19, 2010

Saturday 18 (BYU, 9-1-1, and death by snow)

1- BYU Bowl Games – even if they aren’t against fantastic teams, I am still extremely grateful for ANY chance to watch my cougars play.

2- Football jerseys – Yes please! :)

3- Jared and Shana – Jared has been Jeremiah’s best friend for over 21 years! I haven’t had anything for 21 years – let alone a best friend! Jared and Jeremiah not only have history together, but they went to the same place for their missions, got married within a month of each other, and just seem to share a brainwave. Luckily, Jared’s wife is really similar to me – so it all works out!

4- Days when Kaiah gets entertained (and exhausted!) – Jared and Shana brought over their two kiddos who just love Kaiah, and she loves them! She spent hours following them around, and she has the shortest attention span ever!

5- Pizza Pie Café – never tried it before. All-you-can-eat salad, pizza, and pasta that isn’t gross? Are you serious? Delicious!

6- A clean floor.

7- Cell phones. What did we do before?

8- Being in the right place at the right time – and 9-1-1. On the way up the canyon the car a bit ahead of us flipped unto its side. We got there just in time to see the driver climbing out of the passenger side window. We pulled over and called 9-1-1. He was okay and they got the car flipped back over. Crazy. I’m glad that I was able to help.

9- Finding gift cards I had forgotten about.

10- Windshield wiper blades that work.

11- That Kaiah enjoyed her first jam sandwich!

12- Wuthering Heights – my favorite book of all time. I try to read it once a year and I just started it for the millionth time tonight.

13- Reading in bed.

14- Cold sheets.

15- Ari in a BYU hat – bahahahahhaha

IMG_3927

16- That I have never been stuck in the middle of nowhere in a blizzard with my 5 month old son and had to walk in the cold and spit snow into my son’s mouth and been stuck for 9 days and then rescued but had all of my toes cut off. Yeah, we watched “I shouldn’t be alive”

17- That immediately after the show ended (even though it was midnight), I went directly into the kitchen, grabbed some plastic bags, and started packing them with water bottles and cans of food and blankets and then couldn’t find any matches . . .

18- That Jer giggled a little at my frantic emergency kit packing at midnight and that I was so upset we didn’t have matches, but that he promised to buy some waterproof ones for our car anyway . . .

3 comments:

Kamie said...

HAHAHA!!! I saw that EXACT same episode... its sounds like you kinda had a "Kamie" moment there!!! Pehehe! Oh and about Ari in the BYU hat..... just showed my hubby and he made the MOST DISGUSTED noise! Nioe one.

momma/grandma wee said...

stop using my grandkids as pawns in your love hate relationship with the utes and cougars!!!! i will keep your presents for christmas!!!!!

trixtur said...

#15 LOL!!!