Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday 7

1- For my calling. I am the Literacy Coordinator in our ward. While I haven't really done anything yet except for the monthly newsletter, I have high hopes! I feel really passionately about literacy - obviously. I believe that our spirituality is directly related to our literacy - our ability to read and understand the sacred texts, as well as comprehend the modern-day revelations we receive from prophets. The ability to read is one of the very greatest gifts we can pass on to others!

2- Christmas trees. I love ours. And I love it more and more every year because every year it tells our story a little more. Yes, we do have an overall color scheme to our tree, but no, not all of the decorations match. We have ones from all of our big vacations, from important events in our lives, and special presents. And I have already decided that all of Kaiah's ugly handmade ornaments will definitely go front and center on our tree. Who cares if it isn't perfect - it is ours.

3- Speaking of decorations, I am also grateful for all of the decorations we have in our house. Like our Christmas tree, none of them match. There is not one single room that sticks to any sort of theme or color scheme. But each room does have one thing in common - it represents us, all of us. Why should I decide if I like simplistic or boisterous, black and white or color? If I like it, it goes on our wall. Simple as that.

4- Christmas music. I am not a listen-to-Christmas-music-in-the-car girl, but I definitely love it while I am cleaning or grading. There is nothing that puts me in a better mood than "The Christmas Song."

5- Chocolate count down calendars. My mom has gotten us one every single year of our lives - and still does! I look forward to the day when mommy brings them down (plural, because Jer and I can definitely not share our chocolate). It wouldn't be Christmas without them!

6- That Kaiah has my feet. Seriously - mirror image. Her toes are all square and even and she can spread them way far apart, just like me! Plus, she always has her feet up on something. Every time she is in her high chair or swing - left foot up on the tray just a' chillin. Love it.

7- For my husband's amazing communication abilities. Kaiah was doing her growling noise, and Jer just asked her why she sounded like a "mating elk." Yep, that's my husband for you.

No comments: