Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday 6

1- My job. I am fully aware that people think that I am naive, that I am still in the honeymoon phase of my career, and that, given time, I will become just as jaded as every other teacher out there, but to all of you pessimistic judges I say "plewwwwww!" (that's my very mature, sticking-tongue-out-and-blowing-noise). I freaking love my job and nothing, I mean nothing you say will change my mind about that. I love spending my days with teens who laugh at the word bosom and debate about their ability to fall in love. I get excited to go to work. Just keep your negative comments to yourself - because I LOVE teaching.

2- Pandora on the Tivo. Heaven. Seriously. Ludo Station for the win!

3- Kamie's babysitting. There is no way that I would have been able to leave my baby with a stranger. Kamie made my dream of teaching a reality by deciding to stay at home with the babies. I am so, so, so grateful that I can leave my baby with someone who I know will respect all of my wishes, spend every moment entertaining my baby, and sing her Disney songs all day. I am so grateful that Kaiah gets to spend every other day with Ari, her cousin, and that Kamie is teaching her to share, be nice, wait her turn, and care for others. Most importantly, I am so grateful that I get to leave Kaiah with someone who honestly, deeply loves her.

4- Romeo and Juliet. This is turning out to be my very favorite thing to teach EVER! I love talking about teenage boys doing the equivalent of flipping each other off, families who kill because of someone's blood, fate, grudges, and (of course) love! I am grateful that I frequently feel inspired while teaching and that I can explain things in a way that makes my most hardened student walk into class saying, "Can we read more Romeo and Juliet today?" It happened!

5- Diet Dr. Pepper. Nector of the gods.

6- That my mom thinks that because she is across the country from me (instead of across the State), that she must call me twice as much. Apparently the number of phone calls I receive a day is directly related to the amount of miles between us?

4 comments:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Tell me your R&J secrets! Last year my kids hated it! They liked some stuff, but in the end, they hated it. I blame it on the fact that half was taught by my sub while I was on maternity leave. But still. Seriously. Please share what you've done with me!

Stacey said...

After 11 years I still LOVE my job. Sure there are some days where I am a little bugged and don't want to be there. But, hands down its the best job EVER!!!

Mal said...

bahahahah. My mom and dad haven't called at all! I call them! :) that is hilarious!

Kamie said...

Haha THAT is SOOO true about mom!!!! Oh and I love love love your little girl. MY LIFE would not be the same without her. Thank you for trusting me :)