Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Gratitude

1- Today I am grateful for Christmas, and for everything that it stands for. Specifically, I am grateful for:

2- A Heavenly Father who loves me. Me, personally.

3- That He loves me so much, He sent his Son to atone for me.

4- That His Son, Jesus Christ, was not only willing to die for me, but embraced that task and did it willingly.

5- That because of this sacrifice, I can be forgiven of my mistakes.

6- Because of this sacrifice, I can live with my Heavenly Father again.

7- And, that because of this sacrifice, I can pray to someone who knows and understands everything that I am feeling and going through . . . everything.

8- I am grateful that I know that prayers are personal communication with someone who loves me. I don’t have to recite memorized prayers or pray through a 3rd party saint. I can pray directly to my Heavenly Father who wants to hear from me.

9- And that those prayers are heard and answered.

10- I am grateful for the lessons that Jesus taught while He ministered to his brothers and sisters.

11- And that I have been taught to read those words.

12- I’m grateful that Jesus set up His church, delegating responsibilities to prophets and apostles.

13- And that His true church was restored to Joseph Smith, who was willing and worthy to do the things needed of him.

14- And that the power of the Priesthood was restored, too.

15- And that I have that power in my home.

16- I am grateful for everything the Priesthood can do

17- And that, through that power, we have modern day prophets

18- who love us

19- and receive continual revelation specific to problems we face today

20- from a Heavenly Father who is never changing and, therefore, loves us just as much as those in the past, so He sends us revelations, too.

21- And that I can receive personal revelation for myself and my own family.

22- And that this guides my life

23- And gives me peace.

24- And I am grateful that I know these things – without a doubt. I know.

2 comments:

Savannah said...

Thanks for sharing all your thankful posts! They were lots of fun to read and look forward to every day! I think I shall copy your tradition next year. It's a great idea! Merry Christmas!!

Stacey said...

Kasie, Thanks so much for all of these posts!! I have loved reading them over the past month. My favorite was the notes your students wrote!!! I am not surprised that you are an amazing teacher!!! You are an amazing young lady and I am so happy that you are a part of my life!!!
Love Ya!!!