Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday 17 (and why I love being from a "broken" family)

1- Laughter. There is nothing better than a dinner full of laughs. I don't laugh near enough, but my awesome family can always pull it out!

2- The fact that my hubby can't stand being alone. I grade papers in the car, and he HATES that I'm not talking to him, so he has me read them aloud to him so that he can discuss them with me. Work is a lot easier when your spouse gets involved!

3- That I come from a "broken" family (that's not all that broken) because . . .

4- Duh - more presents! Growing up Kamie and I got two birthdays and two Christmases and we LOVED all the gifts . . .

5-Plus I got all the benefits of having a "big brother" without actually having him around to so those terrible big brother things . . .

6-And now I get a little brother and sister (12 year old twins) that I get to see during all of the holidays, but they weren't there to do all the annoying little sibling things . . .

7- Plus we have a huge amount of extended family to lean on . . .

8- And my relationship with my mom and sister is so fantastic because we had to stick together . . .

9- And being from a "broken" family made me more independent . . .

10-And motherly . . .

11- And realistic . . .

12- And considerate . . .

13- And capable of understanding what my students are going through while their parents get divorced . . .

14-Plus, now Kaiah has three sets of grandparents who love her immensely . . .

15- And I have the knowledge that there is no such thing as a perfect family . . .

16- And that families are dynamic. They move and grow and change and can expand to engulf anyone in love

17- And that my family is getting bigger and bigger and will forever, as long as we keep our hearts open :)

P.S. I need to add a bonus one for today. I am grateful that my husband just googled on his phone "cute robots" and is looking at pictures, for absolutely no reason at all.

2 comments:

Kamie said...

My baby is a cute robot!!! What a wonderful broken family we are!! :)

momma/grandma wee said...

i love broken families too!!! aren't they the bestest!!!