Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 2 Gratitude

Today I am grateful for:

1- Rental cars. A couple weeks ago while I was driving the canyon to work, a metal something-or-other flew off the truck in front of me and hit my windshield/roof. It did a number - tell you what! Luckily, the truck driver was extremely nice, pulled over, gave me his insurance, and now my jeep is in the shop (and I don't have to worry about the $1,600 in damages). His insurance set me up with the BEST rental ever - 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee with keyless entry and awesomeness built in every crevice. I love it. I want to keep it. But most of all, I am just so extremely grateful that I have a nice car to drive around while mine is getting fixed.

2- My husband's enthusiasm about the strangest things ever. His eyes lit up, he smiled huge, and got all jumpy when he told me about NASA's discovery of a new life form that uses arsenic and looks like a Baby Ruth cut sideways. Do I care about this new discovery? Not really. But I love, love, love how excited he gets about random facts that no one else knows about - uh oh. Now he is off researching more about this new discovery. Guess he'll be coming to bed late tonight!

2 comments:

Kamie said...

Your husband is definitely sooooo unique!!! There is no one quite like him! I am grateful for your husbands brain as well. I also am so glad that you do this, and like others, I want to do it to! I think I will start tomorrow! Thanks Kas!!!

momma/grandma wee said...

i think he is strange....but in a strange way cute!!!! but then who could love you more!!! hahaha love you