Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer-lovin

I love the summer. Not because I love heat – I hate the heat. But it seems like summer is the time when we get to see family the most, and boy do I love family! Jer and I always try to do our best to make it to every family gathering that we know about (think hitting 4 different Christmas gatherings in less than 2 days!) and we love being able to see all our cousins and friends.

This weekend, like all my favorite summer weekends, was filled with family! We had Kamie’s baby shower on Saturday and it was fan-freakin-tastic! We also got to see ALL of my cousins who I never get to see because they scattered to the wind and moved away. I LOVE the Wood family and it was fun to celebrate birthdays with them. Sorry, I was lame and didn’t take any pictures the whole weekend!

In other news, Kaiah is getting entirely too big! She moved to her big-girl tub and loved loved loved it! She splashed and laughed and just had a fantastic time. She is definitely our little water baby and loves to go swimming, too!IMG_3529

She is so alert and focused – I can never have to t.v. on if I want her to do anything, like eat or something, because she gets way too distracted. If “Man vs Wild” comes one, oh boy, there is no way to get her to look at anything else! I don’t know if she has a secret little baby crush on Bear or if she is just super in love with the outdoors, but she freaking LOVES that show. Her favorite parts are when he eats something disgusting – she laughs and flails her arms and everything! I am thinking that we have a little adventurer on our hands!

IMG_3520

And  . . . guess what? I finally found out what classes I will be teaching in the fall! I have 3 classes on
Honors 9th grade English!
I couldn’t be more thrilled! I taught Honors 10th grade for my student teaching, so I feel right at home with this assignment. Now to get preparing!

Here’s to another fun-filled week of summer family events! Jer’s got a camping trip coming up and I have a bridal shower and then a yard sale in Tooele! Yay for summer!

6 comments:

Logan said...

Congratulations! You will love 9th grade! Let me know if you need any ideas or help! :)

Becca Jane said...

SO exciting about your job! We're already praying NOW for Nate to find a good job (in tennessee, ha).

Kaiah is so beautiful, I will bring you some headbands if I remember. Let's play soon!

Missy said...

Congrats on your teaching job! That is so awesome!
It was so good to see you guys. I just adore Kaiah. She is the cutest little girl ever! I wish we all lived closer so we could see each other more....maybe someday :)

Love you guys!

Kamie said...

You are freakin' amazing.... thats all I have to say about a new teacher getting to teach HONORS english.. sheesh! Those interviews of yours must be top-notch! I love you!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Love that tub picture. So cute.

Thanks for the hair compliments. I just kind of do it. The key is curling it all the same way, I think. Like if you curl it towards the back of your head on the left side, curl it toward the back of your head on the right side. So I guess it's not all actually curled the same way. I USED to curl it all the same way...on both sides (because that was the most comfortable with the curling iron), but if you curl it away from your face on both sides, it turns out better.

Look at me..acting like I'm some hair pro. Yeah RIGHT!

And the pumping...yes. I did it. I would feed him right before I left, pump during my lunch and get enough for 2 bottles (for the next day during school) and then feed him right when I got home. (I'm sure you were dying to know my breastfeeding/pumping schedule? Ugh. I'm retarded). But it wasn't a big deal at al for me, BUT my classroom had zero windows other than that tiny one in the door, so that was not a worry. If I had windows I'd probably sit under my desk or something? I don't know. My new classroom has tons of windows, but I'm not gonna pump anymore I don't think. He'll just have formula while I'm at school. And that's that.

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.