Thursday, July 1, 2010

4 months, recovering bellies, and becoming a grown-up

4 months old today.
Wowzeers. My little baby girl is a growin and a changin and a movin and a shakin and I just can’t seem to ever quite get enough of her. She is my joy and my life and my complete and utter everything. She is spoiled beyond comparison and worth every single bit of it.

Her 4 month appointment was yesterday, and boy is she growing!
14 lbs 10 ounces (75th percentile)
25 inches long (80th percentile)
At her 2 week appointment, she was only in the 6th percentile for her height – can you say growth spurt? She is super healthy and happy and everything looks great!

Kaiah, thanks for giving me four wonderful months of you.

IMG_3426IMG_3485IMG_3453 

In other news, our bout with some nasty tummy sickness is on the downswing and things are looking much brighter at the Payne residence. I must say, throwing up is possibly the worst feeling in the universe.

And, (da-da-da-DAAAAA) I GOT A JOB!

Like, a real job – no a career (as Jer puts it) - as opposed to the fake college jobs I have previously held where they don’t expect you to stick around for much longer than a year. I will start teaching English at Wasatch High School in August! It is just a 1/2 contract position, which bodes well with me since then I will still be home with my baby every other day. And no, I don’t have any clue what grade I am teaching yet! I feel really blessed to have found a job in this market and I am excited, yet terrified, to get started.

Does this mean that I am really, truly a grown-up now?

5 comments:

Becca Jane said...

YAY!! That sounds so great! I'm super nervous for job hunting next Spring...

Kaiah is getting so big! Love her hair.

Logan said...

Congratulations! That is great news! :)

grandma wee said...

Nope, you are still my little girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you mean in Heber, and if so are you guys going to move up there?

Kamie said...

yayayayay!