Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I promise, it's all natural!

This weekend Jer and I had nothing better to do, and we wanted to see our surroundings, so we decided to go on a long day trip! Saturday we drove 5 1/2 hours one way and then back again! I know, for those of you who hate the car this sounds terrible, but to us it was sooooooo fun! We just put on the i-pod and drove the day away!

Anywho, our journey took us on The Great Ocean Road, which is this great freeway that spans a lot of the southern coast. We drove past amazing beaches, idyllic beach towns, and the most beautiful forests ever! We also went to Torquey, which is, like, the surf town down here. I couldn't believe it - it was seriously like a movie. There were people in swimsuits and no shoes all over the place (even in stores), and TONS of surf stores on every corner! It was really interesting to watch the surfers - both Jer and I were jealous! We wish we could learn!







The road goes through a forest, so we decided to follow it for awhile before turning back. Who would have know that we headed into koala country! Seriously, there were wild koalas all over the place. No lie - this is not a park or a zoo or anything, just cute little koalas out in the wild! I couldn't get over there cute little tushies - I just wanted to pinch them!




We also went to the Royal Botanical Gardens this weekend, which was suprisingly amazing! It is right in the middle of downtown Melbourne and is FREE! I couldn't get over how HUGE it was - seriously. I can't even explain it! There is a giant lake with an island you can walk on and everything - plus several ponds and such. There have every kind of plant you can imagine and lots of other fun things to do! It was GREAT!







Sorry about the unedited photos, I didn't have time to load my camera software before I left, and then I forgot to bring it with me! So, I can't crop or edit my pictures :(

It is so great here - it seems like every weekend gets better than the last! Other than our weekend fun, not too much else is going on. Jer works hard during the week and is getting a lot of really positive feedback, which is great. I think the craziest thing is that (for those of you who know me well, you will understand just how crazy this is) during the work week I usually cook all of our lunches and dinners! It is VERY different for me, and I can't say that I like it, but at least I am giving it a try. We usually just stay in and work during the week and then party hardy all weekend long!

We love and miss all of you back home and want to hear from you! I get a little social-hungry after being at home all day, so leave us a comment or send us an e-mail! Look forward to more pictures from this upcoming weekend!

Oh, and for anyone who has seen on the news about Australia's devestating fires, they are in our state, but we haven't been too affected by them. The closest one was only about 20 kilometers away, but we are in the city, not the country, so we aren't having an problems. Just an fyi!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

catch me a koala bear and send it home please!!!!!

Stacey said...

I have been wondering if you were affected by the fires. I am happy to hear that you are both safe and secure!
I am very jealous of the two of you it looks like you are having an amazing time. You are doing something most of us dream of.

Anonymous said...

I've worried about you. Glad you're both ok. And...thanks once again for sharing the photos! I so appreciate visiting Australia through you two! ENJOY!

Kamie said...

I LOVE your pics!!! I love you both and can't wait to hear more of your adventures!

Missy said...

That looks like so much fun! If me and Casey ever take a trip to Austrailia I'm going to bring you with us so you can show us around!

Oh, and I definitely think you should pinch a koala tushie before you come home :)

Aubrey Noelle said...

yes, i would like a marsupial. thanks for asking