Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Update on Kaiah

Kaiah is spending the week at Grandma Wewe's house because I have to be at this stupid Common Core thing all week long - so, obviously, this leads to me seriously missing my little girl. I thought I would take this sentimental mommy moment to write down some adorable memories of my Kai.

  • Her favorite movie BY FAR is Tangled. I have no idea how this happened, but she is obsessed with it. Every time we get in view of the video cabinet, she runs over and searches through it until she finds her favorite movie. Then, she'll just sit still for at least the first half - usually more. Sits still. That never happens!
  • She still doesn't say a ton except, of course, for "No!" Jer, being ever clever, made this a little better by teaching her to say "Oh No!" It just seems a little cuter and a lot less bratty stubborn.
  • She has learned how to say "Elmo" and "Grandpa" and "Side" (for outside or slide). I love every new word and think that she gets so much more adorable with every one.
  • She is still fiercely independent - seriously. She tries to do everything, and I mean everything, by herself. She hates help and needing mommy and daddy!
  • Plus . . .
  • She is going to be a big sister in Januray! I am 14 weeks along, due January 16th! We can't wait! :)

4 comments:

Ashley Smith said...

Hooray!!!!! So excited for you guys!!

Kamie said...

I love your little girl. Watching her during the days this week has made me realize how much I miss her. (A little tug at the heart strings!!!) I love you!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

no way! CONGRATS!!

momma/grandma wee said...

First off, it is grandma nana not wee second I am not giving her back! Third, it has been the bestest week we have had in a long time! Thank you, but I am not giving her back!