Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Lessons

Most important thing that I've learned while Jer has been gone - I do, in fact, as Jer has been trying to tell me for 5 1/2 years, steal the covers. I never believed him. Not once. But since he has not been here to tug and pull all night, I wake up in the morning with every last inch of our giant and heavy comforter transported someone onto my side of the bed. Who knew? Well, besides Jer, of course.

Second most important thing I've learned - I stink at keeping in touch with people. Okay, lie, I already knew that I stunk at it. If you call, don't expect me to answer. Just leave a message. And if you do, still don't expect me to call you back. Because I probably won't. I guess Jer is my conscience when it comes to phone etiquette. He leaves, and my ability to return phone calls leaves with him. So I apologize Stacey and Clark and Natalia and Sara and anyone else who has called who I have ignored. I just stink.

Most annoying thing right now - since I am currently teaching a grammar/punctuation unit, I find myself evaluating every single comma that I put in my writing. You see, the comma in the previous sentence is correct because it separates a dependent clause from an independent clause. There is a fragment earlier in this post, though, that is driving me insane. Those commas are correct, fyi. That one, too. And that one. See the problem?

Hardest thing to think about - my baby is almost one. Yeah . . . um . . . let's just hold that conversation another day. I am not emotionally ready for it yet!

Best news of the day - only one more week till I can smoother my hubby in kisses :)

4 comments:

Jer said...

I can't wait to be back home and return to my job of fixing stolen covers, reminding you to return phone calls, helping you "de-fixate" on commas, and celebrating the beautiful Kaiah's first birthday.

Kamie said...

HAHA! You are HILARIOUS! I think I'm going to start calling you Comma Queen! WE must have learned the staying-in-touch thing from someone because I'm terrible too..... mom??? ;)

Kenna said...

I love your blog Kasie!
It is fun to see what you are up to and see your cute baby girl!
I have to agree I stink at keeping in contact with people too.
I rarely answer my phone and then I also forget to call them back.

momma/grandma wee said...

I don't know where you got it from cause I am just too busy saving the universe to ever answer anyone back! BUT I taught you two better :) and, for, the, whole, comma, thing, you, are, a, dork, ! and I am very excited to see stinky jer too!