Friday, February 4, 2011

Sad x 2

#1:

It happened. My hubby is officially gone. Baby and I sent him off to Australia today. Three weeks. Three weeks without him to chase Kaiah around and wear her out before bed time. Three weeks without him taking out the garbage. Three weeks without him snoring in my ear. What will I ever do without him?

#2:

Stephen (mom's hubby) has lymphoma and started chemo this week. Non-curable, but treatable. 69% survival rate for 5 years. He's 47. Mom shaved his head today.

I know I should be saying that everything will be okay and things are good and we are so blessed, but I just don't feel like it.

5 comments:

♥Andrea said...

So Sorry for your family Kasie. Steve is such a great guy and my brother and family really look up to him. Our prayers are with you, your mom and Stephen.

Naazju said...

Icky weekends are the worst.

I'm always surprised at how quickly time goes by, sometimes. Jer will be back before you know it. Then you can party and celebrate like your kid is turning one. ;) And with Stephen, just take everything one step at a time.

grandpa Stephen said...

I am only 45 Kasie but I will try really hard to get to 47 k! Things are going to be ok...promise love you

momma/grandma wee said...

Hey baby.....I will come down often and chase Kaiah k but you take out your own trash!!! The worst is you surviving Alex teasing you I think (so where is jer today?) but lets plan buggy's birthday k! As for Stephen, I am sad too. Everyday I cry for a different reason it seems like. We haven't had him belong in our family near long enough yet!

Kamie said...

LUV U family from downstairs. I'm so happy that we live so close during times like these.