Friday, October 1, 2010

My beliefs

Lately I’ve been thinking how truly wonderful it would be to have a record of the things that are important in my life – more than just pictures and captions for the month – but the things that truly define me. I guess I have been inspired by some amazing family members’ blogs who take the time to really document their thoughts, feelings, fears, and beliefs. I want to do this, too. I want Kaiah to be able to look back and read about who her mom really was.

One thing that I am really upset that I haven’t been recording are my beliefs. I want my baby to know that I have a testimony of the gospel. I want her to know that her mom believes, with all her heart, that we are children of a Heavenly Father who love us more than we can even understand. One thing that I have been especially grateful for recently is the Priesthood. I still have a hard time believing that I am lucky enough to have a worthy Priesthood holder in my house – what an amazing blessing! Kaiah will have so much that I never did – Father’s blessings and a worthy patriarch in the home. What a wonderful gift!

We have definitely had our struggles. For some reason Jer and I have had some hard times since we have been married. We still struggle with doing the daily things that will strengthen our family. But we are trying. And we are working, together. And we know that we need to continue to do those things to be worthy of our eternal family. Because I love my baby and hubby too much to not have them forever and ever. We will work together to create our own happily ever after.

1 comment:

momma said...

just remember those beliefs when you are sitting outside of every meeting on sunday with your beautiful but not patient daughter!!! that was wonderful toad!!! It's nice to know that our family is bonded by this one true belief. Love you.