Sunday, October 17, 2010

Grateful

1- For my family - all of them. I feel absolutely blessed to have so MANY family members who love me. I feel grateful that my mom is so young - Kaiah will have lots of years to get to know her grandma! I am grateful for wonderful in-laws who care with all their hearts. I am grateful that Stephen became my dad.

2- For Sunday - even though I don't think that I heard a word at church between Kaiah's fits, I am so grateful for the spirit that I feel from just being at church, knowing that I have a ward family who loves me, and, more importantly, that I have Heavenly Parents who love me, too.

3- For good blogs and true feelings. I am grateful for people who make me think and feel and remember the important things. I just finished reading my Kamie's blog, and it made me cry. Her husband lost his father last year and is now losing his mother, too. At 27. Wow. I am in awe of their strength and just so unbelievably grateful that I have never been to a funeral that I remember.

4- For my job. I love it. No, I really love it. And I know that it sounds so cliche, but all the time I can't believe how lucky I am to be paid for something that I love so much. Thank you to all of you who pushed me to become a teacher. Definitely one of the best decisions I have ever made.

5- For my husband. I could go on and on. I'm grateful that I found someone who loves analyzing our relationship with me - we spend hours talking about why our marriage is so great. I am grateful that I found someone who honestly thinks of me as an equal in EVERY aspect. Someone who is disgustingly loyal and completely faithful. Someone who is confident enough in our marriage that he never gets jealous. Someone who respects me. Someone who still makes my heart flutter.

2 comments:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

I'm glad you're loving your job! Do you hate leaving Kaiah though? Dumb question. I already know you do. But do you want to keep working part time? Do you some day want to stay home full time? I'm so curious about other peoples' plans even when it is NOT my business! I hear ya on getting paid for it, though. Some days I'll be at school and be like, 'Wait...I'm getting paid for this?' I don't even think of it as a job.

HOw is the baby food making going? I made Dane some squash the other night and it was so fun! I got all excited about it and wanted to do it again!

I hear ya on the church thing. I don't think I've heard a word in teh last 8 months!

Kamie said...

I am so grateful for you! Thank you for being such a wonderful sister; I have NO idea what i'd do without you! You are such a wonderful mother and teacher.... Kaiah and you're students are very lucky! And... Jeremiah is pretty cool... hehe!