Friday, March 19, 2010

My little turtle

I can't believe how fast time is flying . . . I feel like just yesterday we brought little Kaiah home, yet she is almost three weeks old! I don't know where the time goes . . . I feel like it is slipping through my fingers. She is growing up right in front of my eyes and I just want to press pause. I want to enjoy every last second of my little girl because before I know it she is going to be getting married and leaving home.

There are so many little things that I absolutely love about her and I don't want to forget, but how do I even start documenting those things? I just want to clone her at this age so I can keep her like this forever! Some of my favorite things right now:

1- She is a cuddle bug - She loves, loves, loves to be touched and held. She likes having her hair, checks, hands, and feet rubbed and to snuggle up under your chin. I wish she would keep this forever!

2- She has finally started becoming a momma's girl. She has always been daddy's little munchkin, but only a few days ago did she finally start looking at me. Now she will stare and stare at me with her beautiful big eyes and it just melts my heart.

3- She has the very best hair-do ever!

4- She still snorts like a pug when she is crying.

5- She is only gaining weight in her belly.

6- Her adorable surprised face she pulls when she is eating or looking at bright patterns.

7- She commands every single second of my time - seriously. She demands attention, and who am I to deny her? When she is awake (which is, actually, a lot of the time) she expects all focus to be directed at her and can scream with the best of them when she isn't center stage.

There are just too many things to write. I love her double chin. I love how she turns red and shakes when she cries. I love how much I love her. Yes, it is hard - some days more than others. I won't lie, there have been times when I have seriously questioned what I got myself in to. She has no desire to follow a night time sleeping schedule and has deprived me of many hours of sleep. She almost always decides to poop right after we put the clean diaper under her bum. She will lock her legs so we can't clean her properly and she will scream and scream when she doesn't get what she wants. But after all of these things, when I am exhausted, frustrated, completely overwhelmed and (I'll admit) crying, she undoubtedly will become my little cuddle bug again and fall asleep in my arms. There is nothing better than watching my little angel sleep. It makes it all worth it. I only hope that I can be the mom that she deserves.

Pictures to come! I will also try to get my labor and delivery story ready and post that, too!

P.S. She had her two week check up, and everything looks great so far. She is 8 lbs 12 ounces (so not quite back to her birth weight yet) and 19 inches. She is in the 61% for her weight but only the 6% for height! She is short, short, short!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Aw, Kasie, what a sweet post. I can't wait to see more pictures, and hopefully hold her in my arms before she gets married... Love you. Congratulations :)

Becca Jane said...

Allie snorted like a pig for the longest time, so adorable! Love all the little memories....glad you're recording them, you'll forget them so quickly. It's so sad! I agree, I wish I could press pause.

Ashley Smith said...

I don't know HOW I missed your last post, but I'm glad I read it now. I wish I was there to see her. Let gramma hold her for me lol. xoxox

michael. mindy. dane. said...

I totally know how you feel! My baby is already 4 weeks old, and I'm like..what?! It goes by too fast! Cute post. She is adorable! Can't wait to see more pics :)

momma/grandma said...

she is a turtle huh!!! and I second those comments exactly except add grandma into the part about hoping I am the best of....Kas, you have totally amazed me just how patient and wonderful of a mommy you are....breathe it in, take each moment and lock it in....they do grow up way to fast (like someone else I know) :)

Shana Kummer said...

What a precious little thing you have can't wait to meet her. She is absolutely gorgeous and it is amazing how those sweet tender moments wipe away all of the hard times. I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Let me know if you need anything.