Monday, January 25, 2010

Dear baby girl,

I can't believe that I only have four weeks left until I get to finally look into your beautiful eyes. I have been counting down - week by week, day by day - and now it is almost time. Are you okay in there? Do you know who I am? Do you think about me? Because I think about you. Constantly. I think about your smile and little toes and the way I already seem to know so much about you. Daddy thinks you are going to be shy, since you refuse to let anyone feel you move except him and me. Maybe. Either way, we both cannot wait for you to join our little family. We can't wait until we can hold you in our arms and tell you how grateful we are to have you here. People keep telling us how much our lives are going to change when you get here. We believe it, and we are completely ready. We know that our lives will revolve around you, because they already do. You already consume all of our thoughts and dreams. We are so excited for you to come, but don't come just yet. Stay in there safe and warm and keep growing until you are ready to face this world out here. Sweet dreams, little girl, and know that there are many, many people waiting to see the beautiful girl you will become.

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

Stacey said...

How sweet!! I love you guys! I am sorry I am going to miss your shower. :(

Kenna said...

Too cute!!!
I am super excited for you!
Everyone says your life changes, but I think it changes in a good way and for the better.
Oh what fun, good luck.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness is it only a month away?? How are you my long lost friend whom I love dearly?? Facebook me lol I miss you!

grandma bright said...

way to go little one....make me cry again!!!! what a wonderful letter to my little granddaughter. I love you so much and am so excited for you to know first hand how much love you can feel for another little spirit....I can't wait either baby.....grandma is patiently holding her hugs, just waiting........