Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What?!?!?! Are you SERIOUS?

So . . .

As if being pregnant isn't hard enough . . .

or being pregnant and working . . .

or being pregnant and working and student teaching . . .

I just got to add the joy of being sick to my list. And not just any sick, either - swine flu sick.

I went to the doctor yesterday because I was feeling super sick and he is pretty convinced that I have swine flu. My official test results aren't back yet, but he prescribed tamiflu for me and told me to start taking it immediately. I also HAVE to take 7 days off of all activities . . .

umm . . . remember how I am student teaching . . .

and now I have to take a full 7 days off! Sounds like a nice break - except that it is not. I have to make up every day that I miss, and every day I tack on to the end puts me further and further pregnant while still teaching.

Ughh.

By far the worst part, though, is how guilty I feel about putting my baby through this. All I've wanted is to give her a nice, safe, warm place to grow up healthy and strong. Now I'm introducing medications in and running a fever. I've been assured that she will be fine during this swine flu trial, as long as it doesn't lead to pneumonia.

My one goal now is to get better fast so that my little baby can be happy and healthy again.

6 comments:

Kenna said...

This post just broke my heart. I really do hope you start feeling better, being sick while pregnant could possibly be the worst thing ever, but hopefully it will pass and you and babe will be just fine.
Good Luck!
Can I tell you that I am in awe that you are pregnant, that is awesome.

Missy said...

Oh, no!! I'm so sorry you're sick! Get some good rest. I hope you get feeling better soon!

Ashley Smith said...

Aiya!! that is crazy woman. I hope you get better QUICK. Just think though. She will have all your immunities from this when she is born and you won't have to worry so much about her catching it later :)

The Proctors said...

You take care of yourself! It is not good at all... :(

Good luck with everything. Use your time of to feeling better, catching up on sleep (trust me, I know how it was being pregnant and student teaching) and get ahead on the end of semester stuff that is due.

Anonymous said...

Kasie thats horrible. Do they think that Jer is going to catch it from you? I hope that you get over it really fast. I remember being sick with Caleb and that was just normal pregnancy sickness, I can't even imagine what your going through. I'm so sorry. Get lots and lots of sleep.

Stacey said...

Kas I'm sorry. One of my drill girls just got the Swine flu too. Of course she's not pregnant so I am absolutely sure you have it worse. Get feeling better. Health is way more important.