Sunday, August 24, 2008

Kasie and Jer's Awesome East Coast Adventure


Jer and I just returned from the very best vacation ever! After Kamie's amazing wedding, we mounted a red-eye to Portland, Maine to enjoy a week of good food, fun, and relaxation in Maine and Boston. There are sooooo many amazing pictures and stories . . . there is absolutely no way to cover them all. Hence, behold my top ten amazing moments from Kasie and Jer's Awesome East Coast Adventure:


10- Arriving in Maine . . . without our luggage!
I know it sounds horrible, but it was actually kinda fun. The whole trip there was hilarious. Our plane was delayed a ton, Kamie had to sit next to a really smelly person for 6 hours, they lost our luggage, we couldn't find our cottage on Peak's Island (some nice people had us hop in the back of their truck and took us to it), and then we finally got our luggage at 9:30 p.m. and had to drag it uphill to our cottage (about 1.5 miles!). It all just added to the memories!

9- Our cute little island cottage.
We rented a cottage on an island that was about a 20 min. ferry ride from Old Port, Maine. The cottage was absolutely adorable and idyllic! It had four bedrooms, super cute decorations, and an amazing covered porch. I feel in love at first sight!
8- Riding Bikes - for the first time!
Almost everyone on the island rides bikes to get around, so we decided to rent some bikes for our transportation, too! The only problem, I had never ridden a bike before! Needless to say, it was an interesting experience! But with Jer's and Alex's endless patience and amazing teaching skills, I was soon cruising the streets and enjoying the amazing sea breeze!


7- Yummy, yummy sea food!
I am not a sea food lover, but in Maine it is umm umm good! I especially had fun watching Kamie and Jer try to open their lobsters!
6- Kayaking in the ocean!
There is nothing better then trying to synchronize your paddles with the one you love! Plus, we played kayak tag with Kamie and Alex!
5- Exploring Old Port.
Old Port is an awesome place to walk around. There are tons of really cool stores and restaurants.



4- Sailing!
Jer and I spent enjoyed an amazing evening on a super-cool sail boat! It was definitely something that I will never forget. The crew was amazing, the views spectacular, and the mood serene. We now want our own sail boat!

3- Sightseeing in Boston
I seriously think that we were the luckiest tourists ever because we had our own personal tour guide! Kamie's hubby Alex was born and raised in Boston, so he knows all the ins and outs! He drove us around the entire city, pointing out cool buildings along the way.

2- Seeing were Alex grew up
I love being able to see the hometowns of my friends. It is so amazing seeing the areas that shaped who they are today. Alex showed us his home, school, first LDS church, and first jobs. My favorite was the diner that he used to work out. It was seriously the very very best breakfast food I have ever had - no joke. There is no where in Utah that even compares! No wonder Alex is such a good chef!


1- Kamie and Alex's Boston Reception
Alex's parents planned an amazing dinner reception to celebrate his marriage to my baby sis. The food was delicious, and the company was even better. It was the best ending to the best vacation ever!

4 comments:

Kamie said...

Dang I look good..... jk! I miss Maine so so so bad and really want to go back! Being there with you guys has been one of my favorite times ever! (Next to getting married to the great Alex Zamora)
By the way.. I have gotten lots of comments on how beautiful my bridesmaids are and how dang good looking Jeremiah was walking me down the isle!

Becca Jane said...

How fun!! Enjoy all this freedom before any kids come...haha! I obviously don't regret having children, but sometimes I sure miss that ability to just take off!! Not gonna happen for a LOONNNGG while!!!! (unless someone offers to babysit....) :)

Natalie said...

oh my goodness, what a wonderful vacation. Next time you guys go to Maine, Josh and I will come with you. THe pictures look amazing.

Stacey said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time!!! I can't believe you have never ridden a bike!!! Did you live in cave?? J/k. We all need to get together so we can see all of your pictures!!!