Monday, February 20, 2012

Becoming a family of four

Wow. I knew that my life would change by having a second baby, but I was unprepared for how different it feels to be a family of four! More work, less sleep, and more love than I ever thought possible. I can't believe Maisie is four weeks old today. The time is flying, and I just want to soak it all up before I return to work.

I think the greatest blessing I have had is just how wonderful Kaiah has been in this transition. We had one jealously incident around the end of week 1 (Kaiah had decided that Maisie had eaten enough and tried to separate her from mom). Since then, however, Kaiah has been the best big sister ever - way better than I even thought possible. Maisie is the first thing Kaiah asks about in the morning and the last thing she checks on before bed time. She loves giving "soft Maisie" touches and "reading" to her. She also loves sharing her stuffed animals and toys ( for now!). She helps throw away dirty diapers and push her in the swing. Whenever Maisie is crying, Kaiah says "Me, Maisie check." I just love how Kaiah has progressed into a big sister that I am so, so proud of.

Jer and I are exhausted, our house is a mess, and Kaiah is sometimes bored, but every single struggle is worth it for that beautiful little munchkin. She was definitely meant for our family!

We love you, Maisie, and we are so incredibly grateful to you for making our family a family of four!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

George explains how, at least with his rolex replica sale brand, Instagram has been very helpful in finding new customers, as for the time being, the popular picture-driven social rolex replica sale media network attracts many well-to-do design hungry younger buyers. Though, even in a post-Instragram world, a brand like Bamford Watch Department will thrive without much (or any) traditional advertising, given rolex replica uk how important it is for buyers to perceive it as exclusive - and that it is. While I am intrigued by Bamford's wild colored Rolex watches with fancy replica watches uk coatings, what interests me the most (at least, for now) is their collaborations with properties such as Peanuts and Popeye. Some of the replica watches sale most successful Bamford limited edition watches have been those which do homage to the old Mickey Mouse watches, where Mickey replica watches uk himself pointed out the hours and minutes with his hands.